This fall, we released Credo Insights, our reporting platform, to our K-12 customers. SKILL and Source admins can use this dashboard to find usage data and, if applicable to their accounts, assessment data.
All SKILL and Source accounts can use the Engagement Report in Credo Insights to see usage statistics for the content. The usage data counted is the number of views for each content item. Using this report, you can compare usage of different multimedia items and also track usage over time.
*Note - some options in the Engagement report are not relevant for SKILL and SOURCE cusotmers, namely the Course and Learners filters. Viewing Engagement by Number of Unique Users is also only relevant for Credo products that include LMS integration options.
- How can you generate Engagement Reports?
- How are students counted in the Engagement Report?
- What filters can you expect to see in an Engagement report?
How can you generate Engagement Reports?
See the tips below for how to generate the most commonly requested reports:
View by Course, Terms, or Content
Engagement reports default to show Engagement by "Course", showing the total usage for your library, and specific courses that are utilizing Credo multimedia. If you are utilizing the Quiz Form to capture course information when students take quizzes, usage will appear under that course in this report.
You can also see Engagement by "Term", to see usage during a specific time frame, or by "Content" to see usage of specific multimedia. Click on the “Engagement by" dropdown option on the left side to change the data displayed to see total usage either by Courses, Terms, or by Content.
Compare by Options
You can compare usage by any other filter included in the Engagement Report: Course, Term, Learners, Content, Instructor, or any custom filter that has been added to your Quiz Form.
Click on the “Compare by” dropdown menu on the left side to change from the default “...” to your desired filter. Some common comparisons include:
- Engagement by Courses, Compare by Term - allows you to see how usage of Credo multimedia changes in specific courses over semesters
- Engagement by Content, Compare by Term - allows you to see how usage of specific multimedia changes over semesters
- Engagement by Courses, Compare by Learner - allows you to see usage of individual students in a specific class
- Pro Tip: you may need to select a specific course from the Course filter first, to avoid there being too much data to visualize - see section below for Options for Narrowing Data
View by Options
The Engagement Report allows you to "View by" either Number of Usages, or Number of Unique Users. For customers who are not utilizing an LMS integration, these numbers will be the same, because each new session with Credo's multimedia is counted as a Usage, and also as an "anonymous user". You can toggle between these views by clicking on the "View by" dropdown on the left side of the screen.
Options for Narrowing Data
You can narrow your data selections by clicking on the dropdown under each filter on the left side of the screen and checking boxes for specific options underneath the Courses, Learners, Terms, and Content filters. This is helpful especially if you receive a message stating that “there is too much data to visualize” - because the combinations of filters and Engagement by/Compare by options are preventing your chart from displaying.
Simply check the box for data you wish to select under each filter. Once a box is checked, only that data will display in the bar chart.
An example of where this might be useful includes:
- Engagement by Course, Compare by Learners, with the Course filter narrowed to a specific course - will show how students in one course engaged with the content
How are students counted in the Engagement Report?
The Engagement Report counts the number of "views" or number of usages for Credo's multimedia. Engagement can also be viewed by individual student, or number of unique users.
Number of Usages:
- Students who access Credo's multimedia via an IP authentication, proxy, or referring URL are counted each time they open a new session. For example, if a student accesses Credo's multimedia on a LibGuide one week, then accesses again the following week (a new session) - she will be counted twice.
Number of Unique Users:
- Students who access Credo's multimedia via an IP authentication, proxy, or referring URL, are counted each time they open a new session. Credo's platform creates an anonymous user each time a student accesses via these methods, so there is no way to attach usage to a specific student account.
Note: Engagement tracking was established in January 2018, we do not have engagement data before this point. If you need usage data for time periods before January 2018, please see the Enrollment Reports Overview article.
What filters can you expect to see in an Engagement Report?
- If you have configured the Quiz Form to collect course information or the instructor’s name, it will be available in the Courses filter.
- SKILL or Source Course Filter: Credo's platform will capture any student data not associated with a course that has been added to your Quiz Form. If you choose not to use courses in the Quiz Form, student assessment data will appear under the SKILL or Source course.
- Usage of multimedia occurring during the configured time frame will be counted in that time frame. Credo sets up Term filters with start and end dates for your terms (semesters, quarters, etc.)
- Note: Term filters were initially applied during February 2018. Multimedia usage occurring prior to that date is not included in a specific filter, but will be captured in a filter for the start year of your subscription.
- Students who access via direct link, proxy/IP, or referring URL authentication (for example, via a proxy-authenticated link used on a LibGuide) will be identified by their name and email if they provide it on the Quiz Form.
- Note: If a student does not complete the Quiz Form, while using multimedia, Credo's platform creates an anonymous student ID. These anonymous ID's are suppressed from Credo Insights filters. The data is still included in averages, but the randomized names and emails will not be available as filter options.
- Usage of specific multimedia (videos, tutorials, or quizzes) will be available as an option for seeing Engagement by or Comparing by in the Engagement Report.
Visit our FAQ section to see other common questions about Credo Insights.