This report answers the following types of questions:
- How does usage of the Modules change from Fall to Spring semester?
- Which courses utilize the Modules most or least?
- Which multimedia (videos or tutorials) are most watched by students?
What filters can you expect to see in an engagement report?
- Any Course configured in the Quiz Form
- Any Course set up in your LMS, using an LTI integration to access the Modules
- The InfoLit Modules in Credo’s platform (INFOLIT)
- A session logged during the configured time frame will be counted in that time frame.
- Note: Term filters were applied during February 2018. Sessions created prior to that date are not included in the filter.
- This will be available for sessions/engagements where a Quiz Form was completed by a student or the student accessed via their LMS.
- Usage for specific multimedia (videos, tutorials, or quizzes).
How are students counted in these reports?
While the Enrollment report count the number of students using the Modules, the Engagement Report counts the number of "views" for the Modules. Students who access the Modules via an LTI integration for a course are counted once for each usage of the Modules. For example, if a student uses the Modules in an FYE course once in Week 1 of their course, then again in Week 4, he or she will be counted twice.
Students who access via direct link, proxy/IP/referring URL authentication (for example, via a proxy-authenticated link used on a LibGuide) are counted as anonymous users—each time they open a new session, they will be counted once. For example, a student who accesses the Modules via a LibGuide is created as a new session and counted as one engagement. A student who closes the session, then re-opens a new session the following week, is counted again as a new engagement.
Note: Engagement tracking was established in January 2018, we do not have engagement data before this point. If you need usage data for time periods before January 2018, please see the Enrollments Reports Overview article.
Visit our FAQ section to see other common questions about Credo Insights.