As we do each year, we have added several new and updated multimedia items to the Modules this summer. The topics for these pieces of multimedia are selected based on feedback from customer surveys and conversations to ensure that we are best meeting the needs of our users.
This content update is FREE and included in the price of your subscription. Customers who have purchased (rather than subscribed to) our content may not be eligible; if you have questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Earlier in June, the material was been added to customers' accounts in a hidden section, visible only to admins, to give customers a chance to review and opt out of any new updates.
Starting on Tuesday, July 10th, we have begun activating the new and updated content on all customer accounts. If you have opted out to some or all of the content, we will treat your account accordingly. This process includes:
- Moving new/updated content into the appropriate section in the course outline
- Making content visible to users
- Adding new direct links, embed codes, and LTI links to the tabs on your admin dashboard
- Updating Teaching Guides and Standards Mapping to reflect the new content
- If you have not yet opted in to the Fall 2017 Content Update, we will also add this to your account.
In cases where there is an updated version of a previous piece of content, we do not delete the previous versions of the content. This ensures that we will not overwrite any customizations you have made, and you will still have the choice of which version you would like to use. To remove the older version yourself, you may hide or delete the subsection in the Studio editing interface. See our Help Article on Visibility Settings for information on how to hide content from users.
Due to the number of customer accounts that will be updated, this process will take place over the course of a few weeks, wrapping up in mid-August. If you are not sure if your account has been updated yet or if you have concerns about the timing, please contact support and we'll be happy to help.
- Tutorial: Annotated Bibliography Tutorial
- Videos: Searching as Exploration Part 1 and 2
- Videos: Beginning Research with Google and Wikipedia Part 1 and 2
- Tutorial: Developing a Research Focus
- Tutorial: Source Types
- Videos: Research Process Part 1 and 2 (2018 update)
- Video: Chicago Citation Style 17th edition - Books
- Video: Chicago Citation Style 17th edition - Journals
- Video: Chicago Citation Style 17th edition - Websites
- Academic Integrity Quiz (2018 update) - for some customers, includes updated questions
- Standards Mapping - The standards map will be updated to include newly added materials. In order to better keep this resource up to date, we will delete the separate pages with PDF images of different standards, and provide a single link to download the standards map from our Help Site.
Credo has decided to retire some of our older content that is less consistent with our current style and standards. Customers who subscribe after June 11th, 2018 do not have this content; however we will not remove it from existing customers’ Modules.
Some of our new content overlaps with or is intended to replace existing content. We recommend you review the list of items below and decide whether you want to use the new content or not. You are not required to retire content if you plan to continue using it.
Materials to be retired:
- Video: Research Process - replaced by Videos: Research Process Part 1 and 2 (2018 Update)
- Tutorial: Choosing a Topic - replaced by Tutorial: Developing a Research Focus
- Video: Primary and Secondary Sources - replaced by Tutorial: Source Types
- Video: Objectivity in Reporting