This report answers the following types of questions:
- How do different courses perform on the Pre-Test (or other assessment)?
- How does performance on the Pre Test (or other assessment) change between Fall and Spring Semester in my FYE Course (or other courses)?
- On which questions in the Evaluating Information Quiz do students perform best or most poorly?
- If a student answers a question incorrectly, which distractors did they choose?
What filters can you expect to see in an assessment report?
- Any Course set up in your LMS that uses an LTI integration to access the Modules
- Note: Filters for LMS-integrated Courses were established in March 2018. Before March 2018, the data from courses in your LMS will be displayed under the INFOLIT course in Credo Insights. This affects both assessment and usage reports.
- Any Course configured in the Quiz Form (used for non-LTI access - direct links or embeds), either as a student input or dropdown option. If you are using courses as part of the Quiz form, they will be available in the Courses filter.
- INFOLIT: The IL Modules platform will capture any student data not associated with a course from your LMS or the Quiz Form. If you choose not to use courses in the Quiz Form, student assessment data will appear under the INFOLIT course.
- An assessment completed by a student during the configured time frame will be counted in that time frame.
- Note: Term filters were applied during February 2018. Assessments completed prior to that date are not included in the filter.
- Students who take quizzes by accessing the Modules via an LTI integration are identified in reports by their name, email, and course.
- Students who access via direct link, proxy/IP, or referring URL authentication (for example, via a proxy-authenticated link used on a LibGuide) will be identified by their name and email if they provide it on the Quiz Form.
- Note: The anonymous student IDs created by Credo’s system for any non- LTI access are suppressed from Credo Insights filters. The data is still included in averages, but the randomized names and emails will not be available as filter options.
Other options in assessment reports:
- In the assessment report, you can filter to view a specific assessment or specific question(s).
- Assessment reports default to View by Assessment, showing the total average score of each assessment selected. You can also use the “View by” toggles to view scores for each question or percentages of answer choices selected for each question.
- You can compare assessment results by any other filter included in the assessment report: Course, Term, Learners, or any custom filter that has been added to your Quiz Form or sent by your LMS.
Notes about Assessment reports:
- Assessment reports show accuracy on any quiz and/or Pre/Post test for all students who have attempted an assessment. You can view by Assessment, Question, or Answer Choices and filter or compare by Courses, Terms, and by Learner (student name).
- All questions in the InfoLit Modules are weighted the same, at 1 point each. If you customize an assessment to weigh certain questions more heavily than others, it is important to note that the reports in Credo Insights do not currently factor question weights. Grades in your LMS, or the Grade Report (CSV file) generated in the Modules platform, do factor question weights, however. If you have more questions related to this topic, please contact email@example.com.
Visit our FAQ section to see other common questions about Credo Insights.