Please note: The information provided here is intended only to assist with some of the common ways our product can be integrated in this system. Our Help Site is not a comprehensive guide to use of the D2L LMS, and our team can only assist with Credo integration; we are unable to provide support for any other aspect of D2L's functionality. Screenshots are provided for illustrative purposes but may not exactly match your own system, particularly since navigation elements can vary depending on your version of the platform.
Setting up a D2L LTI tool is a two step process. The first step is to set up the global tool provider and the second step is to set up each of the links given to you by Credo so they can easily be used in courses.
Step 1: Adding Credo as an LTI tool provider
- 1. Click on "Edit Course" in the top navigation bar.
- 2. Click on "External Learning Tools"
- 3. Click on ""Manage Tool Providers" and then click on "New Tool Provider"
- 4. When you create the tool provider, you will need to input the following fields:
- Launch Point: This is the LTI domain given to you by Credo
- Secret: This is the Shared Secret given to you by Credo
- Tool consumer information: Check the box to use custom tool info
- Key: This is the Consumer key given to you by Credo
- Name/Description: Fill these in so everyone who uses a Credo link will know what it is.
- 5. Fill in the settings as follows:
- Visibility settings: Checked
- Security settings (these must all be checked or the tool will not work)
- Make tool provider available to: You can adjust this setting to the D2L roles and org levels that you wish.
Step 2: Creating the LTI links
- 1. Click on "Manage external learning tool links" and then select "new link"
- 2. Fill in a relevant title to you, and the URL that Credo gave you. You can also provide a link description. Be sure to check the checkbox for visibility settings.
- 2. Under the "Key/Secret" section, you can "sign message with" and check the box next to "tool consumer key/secret" (this way you don't need to enter them again) and you can leave the boxes blank.
- 3. For the "Security Settings" section, select the button next to "Use tool provider security settings". If you want link-specific settings, you can select the other box and change the settings for every link. Make the link available to whichever orgs you want. Then click "Save and close"
Once you put the assignment into your course, click on the link for the LTI assignment.
Then scroll to the bottom of the assignment and select which gradebook column to associate the item with, or create a new one if needed. Just be sure to disassociate the item from the gradebook BEFORE deleting the LTI item itself.